WAILUA, Hawaii (KHON2) — A 27-year-old woman has died following an early-morning crash on Kaukonahua Road.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
According to EMS, the crash occurred around 4 a.m. on Sept. 16.
The collision involved a single vehicle with 1 female occupant. The vehicle was traveling North on Kaukonahua Rd. when for an unknown reason it crossed over into oncoming traffic an than veered off the roadway where it rolled several times.
At some point, the female was ejected from the vehicle. The woman was taken to the Queen’s Medical Center in Serious Condition where she later died.
At this point, speed, and alcohol appear to be contributing factors in the collision.
This is the 38th fatality of the year compared to 39 at this time last year.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- WATCH: Shark swims near beachgoers in water in Waikiki
- What you need to know about casting your vote in the upcoming election
- Mayors want inter-island travelers tested after arrival, but admit there aren’t enough tests
- Student sexually assaulted at UH Manoa’s Frear Hall
- UH West Oahu confirms student died from COVID-19