HONOLULU (KHON2) — On the Big Island, a two car crash in Kona left a 28-year-old woman dead.
Police say the woman who has been identified as Shelby Hookahi was driving a Kia on Highway 11 when she crossed the double solid yellow lines and crashed head-on into a black Lexus heading in the opposite direction.
Hookahi was taken to the hospital where she died.
There was also a 3-year-old child in the back of the Kia. She was taken to the hospital for treatment and released.
The driver of the Lexus, a 65-year-old woman, was flown to Oahu in critical condition.
Police believe speed and drugs to be factors in this crash.
- Diamond Head landlord was ‘closest to family’ the attacker had
- Las Vegas police investigating shooting at the Fashion Show Mall
- BREAKING: Former Arizona State coach Todd Graham to become new Hawaii head coach
- 9th Island Forecast – January 21st
- Ige focuses on fixing three key economic issues in his State of the State