HONOLULU (KHON2) — A woman is dead after her vehicle crashed into a tree in Makakilo.
It happened Saturday, December 14 around 11 p.m.
EMS officials say a 20-year-old woman was pinned in her vehicle on Makakilo Drive. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
She was the only one in the vehicle.
Police say she was traveling northbound on Makakilo Drive at a high rate of speed when, for unknown reasons, she lost control of the vehicle traveled into a grass median and collided with a tree.
Police say speed may be a factor but it is unknown if drugs or alcohol were contributing factors to this collision.
This is the 50th traffic fatality of this year compared to 60 at the same time in 2018.
- Newsfeed Now: Arkansas billboard gets national attention; 9-year-old boy wants a family to call his own
- “I hope one of y’all pick me,” 9-year-old boy desperately wants a place to call home
- ‘I had no clue it would impact so many’: Texas teacher’s back to school Facebook post goes viral
- “White Pride” billboard in Arkansas gains attention again, thousands sign petition for removal
- Light trade winds for the island through next week