HONOLULU (KHON2) — There’s update on Hawaiian music icon Willie K.
He posted on his Facebook page that he’s cancelling shows as he battles terminal cancer.
His schedule this week was packed with performances with one Tuesday, February 18 at Blue Note in Waikiki.
The post says he’s giving himself time to rest.
The multi-Na Hoku award winner announced nearly two years ago that he was diagnosed with lung cancer.
- Light and variable winds for the islands through this weekend
- Lifeguards, scientist, make a plea for ocean safety amid COVID-19
- CrimeStoppers: Waikiki hotel burglary, Ala Moana forgery
- State expanding on those who can receive COVID-19 testing
- Former Hawaii center Dawson Carper announces transfer to Missouri State