KAPOLEI, Hawaii (KHON2) — Wet’n’Wild Hawaii is harnessing the power of the sun with more than 3,000 solar panel installations.
The company announced the installation will cover 80 percent of the parking lot and supply the park with 65 percent of its current energy use.
Wet’n’Wild Hawaii says the panels will offer an added bonus by providing shady parking stalls to customers.
The panels are part of the park’s mission to be clean and green by Spring of 2021.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Game Preview: ‘Bows look to bounce back against undefeated Nevada at Aloha Stadium this Saturday
- Social Scene: Ken Jennings to guest host Jeopardy
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states over E. coli risk, FDA says
- LIVE: Biden, Harris formally introduce national security team