Update: BWS crews have been working overnight and will continue to work throughout this morning to repair a broken 12-inch water main on Ala Moana Boulevard between Atkinson Drive and Piikoi Street.
The main break has forced the closure of two Ewa-bound lanes of Ala Moana Boulevard between Atkinson Drive and Piikoi Street. Motorists are advised to avoid the area and use an alternate travel route.
HONOLULU (KHON2) — One Ewa-bound lane of Ala Moana Boulevard has been closed between Atkinson Drive and Piikoi Street as Board of Water Supply (BWS) crews work on a broken 12-inch water main.
The single-lane closure are for crews to access and operate valves to minimize impact to customers in the area.
When crews begin excavation work, two Ewa-bound lanes of Ala Moana Boulevard will be closed between Atkinson Drive and Piikoi Street near the bus stop fronting Ala Moana Center. Two-lane closures will be delayed until after 6:00 p.m. to lessen the impact to afternoon traffic.
Work to repair the water main and roadway will continue overnight.
An update will be provided when the situation changes.
- UH Manoa makes SAT. ACT scores optional for new student applications
- Retailers struggle as sales fall way below expectations
- Governor hosts small remembrance ceremony at Hawaii State Veterans Cemetery
- Punchbowl quiet on Memorial Day due to coronavirus pandemic restrictions
- Saint Louis senior Roman Wilson takes long road to Hall of Honor