HONOLULU (KHON) — Amid growing calls for police reform across the country, Honolulu Mayor Kirk Caldwell held a news conference to announce two nominees to serve on the Honolulu Police Commission. There are three nominations, but Caldwell only announced two: Michael Broderick and Doug Chin. The third nominee is still being vetted.
Broderick and Chin both outlined some reforms they hope to implement, and took questions from the media.
Watch the conference in the video above.
- Waikiki beaches to undergo improvement project, expect closures
- Hawaiian Airlines expanding Pre-Clear Program for Hawaii-bound travelers
- Live skunk caught at Honolulu Harbor
- ‘America needs to lead the way’: Democrats pleased with Biden’s first day in office, Republicans frustrated
- Japan PM determined to hold Olympics, will cooperate with Tokyo and IOC