HONOLULU (KHON2) — Lifeguards spotted a shark swimming near the shore fronting the Sheraton Moana Hotel area on Oct. 3 around 2 p.m.
Officials reported that the shark is roughly five to six feet long and is not aggressive. They added that warning signs have been posted and that there will be jet ski patrols and PA announcements in order to warn the public.
The situation will be monitored through the rest of the day.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Maui Mayor announces free COVID-19 testing for Molokai residents
- FBI warns ransomware assault threatens US healthcare system
- The 40th Hawaii International Film Festival will premiere at 3 drive-in locations on Oahu
- At least 1 dead as Hurricane Zeta hammers Gulf Coast
- Hawaii Island police searching for suspect in credit card fraud case