HONOLULU (KHON2) — A wallaby is in the custody of the state Department of Land and Natural Resources.
A Nuuanu resident captured it Monday night, and the Hawaiian Humane Society picked it up.
The DLNR brought it to its facility Tuesday morning where a veterinarian took a look at it.
Officials say it’s healthy and moving well.
It’s expected to be released on Wednesday.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Temporary vaccine shortage delays Maui’s first dose appointments
- New Biden order extends freeze on evictions until March, helps thousands of Hawaii residents
- State lawmakers tackle massive budget deficit as session begins
- Congressional leaders said inauguration sent unifying message despite unprecedented security
- Makua Rothman hopes epic ride at Jaws could not only challenge world record but prove that ‘if you believe, you can achieve’