HONOLULU (KHON2) — A wallaby is in the custody of the state Department of Land and Natural Resources.
A Nuuanu resident captured it Monday night, and the Hawaiian Humane Society picked it up.
The DLNR brought it to its facility Tuesday morning where a veterinarian took a look at it.
Officials say it’s healthy and moving well.
It’s expected to be released on Wednesday.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Matson worker tests positive for COVID-19
- Trump defends tweet about NASCAR’s Confederate flag ban, Bubba Wallace
- ‘Masks make a difference’: Dr. Fauci talks safely reopening as COVID-19 cases in south spike
- Lawmakers question approval process of which companies receive PPP Loans
- Max Holloway to auction off fight kit following UFC 251 with all proceeds going to Hawaii Food Bank