HONOLULU (KHON2) — A wallaby is in the custody of the state Department of Land and Natural Resources.
A Nuuanu resident captured it Monday night, and the Hawaiian Humane Society picked it up.
The DLNR brought it to its facility Tuesday morning where a veterinarian took a look at it.
Officials say it’s healthy and moving well.
It’s expected to be released on Wednesday.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Fauci says he expects Johnson & Johnson vaccinations to resume later this week
- Child abuse reports are falling, but nonprofit says pandemic may be to blame
- Hawaii baseball falls to Cal State Bakersfield, loses series
- Honolulu firefighters rescue hiker off Aiea Loop Trail
- Search continues for missing former Hawaii woman, mother of 3