WAIKOLOA, Hawaii (KHON2) — A Battalion Chief at the Waikoloa Fire Station has tested positive for COVID-19. Five personnel are currently in quarantine, though they are asymptomatic.
The Battalion Chief is asymptomatic. He took a COVID-19 test on Saturday and received a positive result on Monday. He notified his command, after which the station was disinfected.
Separate accommodations were offered to quarantined personnel but personnel chose to quarantine at home.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- CDC advisory committee holds emergency meeting, decides to wait to make J&J vaccine recommendations
- Hawaii reports 72 Coronavirus cases, 2 new deaths
- University of Hawai’i men’s basketball signs three players on signing day
- NCAA dumps requirement that transfers sit a year for major college football and basketball
- 32-year-old woman arrested in Waikiki illegal game room bust