WAIANAE, Hawaii (KHON2) — A water main break near the driver licensing center and satellite city hall in Waianae has caused the city to close both offices for the remainder of the day.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Both offices are housed at the Waianae Neighborhood Community Center.
The closure is due to the lack of water and restrooms at the center. Staff at the driver licensing center and satellite city hall will be reassigned to other service locations. Appointment holders will be contacted and offered the opportunity to reschedule.
The city anticipates that the repairs will be completed in time today to resume normal operations Tuesday, Oct. 27.
- Testing incoming travelers on Big Island may end this year if there’s no funding
- After several delays, Kealohas to be sentenced Monday
- Potential thunderstorms for east end of state
- Decision anticipated soon on Hawaii football’s game against San Jose State
- Single lane closures scheduled for Maluhia Road, Koloa Road