HONOLULU (KHON2) — A lot of beachgoers came out early to check out the massive waves at Banzai Pipeline on Monday, Dec. 7.
A High Surf Warning is in effect for most of the state’s north and west facing shores through 6 p.m. Monday. Surf heights are expected to reach 30 feet on north-facing shores and 20-feet on west-facing shores.
Pipe Masters could get a green light on Tuesday. If the green light is given, the Pipe Trials, which allows two local surfers into the main event, will take place on Tuesday morning. Pipe Masters will be held for a three-day period after that.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Heavy rain possible through late Wednesday, flash flood watch issued for all islands
- Maui stores prepare to cut down on customers as new Maui rules start Tuesday
- Aloha Home Market donates proceeds to charity
- A year after tragic Diamond Head shooting, families of fallen officers Enriquez and Kalama still mourn
- Study shows nurses in Hawaii get paid the most in the country compared to other nurses