KONA, Hawaii (KHON2) — The Hawaii Police Department closed Queen Kaahumanu Highway north of the Kona Airport in the 92-93 mile area around 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 13, due to a motor vehicle collision.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Police reported that the Highway was reopened at approximately 3:45 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 13.
The Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency advised motorists to avoid the area and take detours where it was possible.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- HPU athletic director to serve as Mayor Blangiardi’s chief of staff
- PGA Champions Tour set to begin final leg of 2021 PGA Aloha Swing at Hualalai Golf Course
- Honolulu fire chief announces retirement
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- Vehicle weight restrictions set for 3 Kauai bridges