Hawaiian Electric contractors will be doing nighttime underground utility work in manholes on Nimitz Highway from Sunday, Sept. 22, to Tuesday, Oct. 1, excluding Friday and Saturday nights.
The routine maintenance work will require the overnight closure of two westbound lanes of Nimitz Highway between Bethel Street and Kekaulike Street, from 8:30 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. The two right lanes will be closed Sept. 22-24, followed by closures of the two left lanes Sept. 25 – Oct. 1.
Message boards and safety signs will alert motorists of the work ahead, and traffic cones will be placed around the work zones. Special duty police will be onsite. Motorists are urged to slow down when approaching and passing the area.
- Increasing showers and winds this work week
- Protests across the nation push Target to scale back store hours, close locations
- New Maui County directive expedites permits for business repairs, renovations impacted by COVID-19
- American Sign Language interpreters provide access to information during COVID-19
- Waikiki man arrested during a protest on Kalakaua Avenue