HONOLULU (KHON2) — University of Hawaii researchers say the 2018 volcanic eruption was caused by long build-up of pressure in the upper parts of the volcano.
The build up over 10 years and included small and fast changes.
U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and UH researchers wrote an article about it that was published in Nature Communications.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Scattered windward showers to end weekend
- DHHL offers 60 rent-with-option-to-purchase homes on Hawaii Island
- UH men’s volleyball caps perfect regular season with senior night sweep over UC Irvine
- Lydia Ko ends victory drought in record fashion at LOTTE Championship
- Will your kids need to be vaccinated?