HONOLULU (KHON2) — University of Hawaii researchers say the 2018 volcanic eruption was caused by long build-up of pressure in the upper parts of the volcano.
The build up over 10 years and included small and fast changes.
U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and UH researchers wrote an article about it that was published in Nature Communications.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Flash flood watch in place for all islands through Tuesday
- East Honolulu residents call Monday flood similar to 2018
- Maui woman dies after car swerves off cliff on Kahekili Highway
- CVS completes first round of COVID-19 vaccines at Hawaii’s long-term care facilities
- Gov. Ige pushes for more investment in digital technology