HONOLULU (KHON2) — University of Hawaii at Manoa astrobiologist and Earth scientist Eric Gaidos and his team figured out why volcanic heat melts glacial ice and the water builds up in lakes under the glaciers.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Their work was published in Geophysical Research Letters.
The researchers used a computer model to demonstrate how this happens.
- Surfer dies after being unresponsive at Laniakea Beach
- Picture found in long lost book leads to nationwide search for family
- Coronavirus: 53 new COVID-19 cases; one new death reported on March 7
- Senate Democrats and Republicans still split day after COVID-19 Relief Deal vote
- Honolulu Zoo extends hours to 3 p.m. daily