HONOLULU (KHON2) — The U.S. Coast Guard continues to search for the remaining 12 cargo containers that went overboard in Hilo.
Boaters are being warned to keep a lookout for any containers that may pose a hazard.
As for the nine other containers the Coast Guard says one was initially located north of Hilo and sank.
Another washed ashore at Onomea Beach and was then towed to Hilo Harbor.
The rest were taken to Hilo Harbor.
Both the U.S. Coast Guard and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating what caused the 21 Young Brothers containers to go overboard last Monday.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- How long will you have to wear a mask? Here’s what the experts say
- Local bakeries say Thanksgiving sales are proving to be busier than previous years
- Here’s how NYE will look different to ring in 2021
- Looking Back: Spectacular fireworks show rings in 2020