WAIPAHU, Hawaii (KHON2) — Honolulu firefighters rescued an 80-year-old man and 78-year-old woman from a building fire in Waipahu that caused approximately $120,000 in damage.

According to the Honolulu Fire Department (HFD), they received the 911 call at 12:34 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 22. Firefighters arrived at 94-1002 Koliana St. around 12:42 a.m. and found heavy smoke and flames coming from the garage of a two-story, single-family home.

On the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8

While firefighters attacked the blaze, they found the man near the garage door inside the house, as well as the woman sleeping in a bedroom upstairs.

HFD said both occupants were rescued and treated. Honolulu EMS reported they were taken to a hospital in stable condition. The fire was fully extinguished at 1:26 a.m.

The fire was ruled an accident, and HFD determined it may have originated near the dryer. HFD also added that a smoke alarm was installed inside the house but was not working at the time of the fire.

Interested in jewelry heists gone wrong, other strange news? Check out Weird News

Damage costs were estimated to be at $110,000 to the structure and $10,000 to its contents, according to HFD. No other structures were affected, and no other injuries were reported.