The Medical examiner has identified the two men who died on Likelike Highway on Saturday morning as 21-year-old Jordan Cook and 20-year-old Gabriel Clark.
HONOLULU (KHON2) — Two men are dead after a single car crash on the Likelike Highway on Saturday morning.
It happened around 3:45 a.m. Aug. 1.
Paramedics responded to the accident at the Likelike entrance to the Wilson Tunnel Kaneohe bound on the Kaneohe side.
Police say the 19-year old driver lost control of the vehicle. He traveled onto the left shoulder, and collided with the rock wall that separates the Kaneohe bound exit and Honolulu bound entrance to the John H. Wilson Tunnels.
EMS officials say three people were in the car. A 21-year-old male and a 20-year-old male were pronounced dead on arrival. The 19-year-old driver was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
Police say speed and alcohol both appear to be factors in the accident. It is unknown if drugs were a contributing factor.
This is the 31st and 32nd Traffic Fatality of this year compared to 35 at the same time in 2019.
Police are investigating.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Employee from Managing Director’s Office in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus
- Queen’s Medical Center building infectious disease unit
- Supreme Court holds hearing to discuss releasing OCCC inmates as COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Whistleblower says DOH lying about number of contact tracers
- Isolate, test, self-trace ways to crush COVID beyond the mask, hand washing and distancing