HONOLULU (KHON2) — The state says two asylum seekers from China arrived in Honolulu over the weekend most likely before the travel ban went into effect.
They’re at the Federal Detention Center going through the immigration and customs enforcement protocol.
The department of health was notified but could not go into detail on the two.
Health officials say this is a special case that triggers a different process than travelers who came from China.
- Light and variable winds for the islands through this weekend
- Lifeguards, scientist, make a plea for ocean safety amid COVID-19
- CrimeStoppers: Waikiki hotel burglary, Ala Moana forgery
- State expanding on those who can receive COVID-19 testing
- Former Hawaii center Dawson Carper announces transfer to Missouri State