HONOLULU (KHON2) — The state says two asylum seekers from China arrived in Honolulu over the weekend most likely before the travel ban went into effect.
They’re at the Federal Detention Center going through the immigration and customs enforcement protocol.
The department of health was notified but could not go into detail on the two.
Health officials say this is a special case that triggers a different process than travelers who came from China.
- ‘True champion of supporting businesses’ takes reigns as President at CPB
- Hawaii’s Ray Cooper III makes weight ahead of Wednesday’s PFL Welterweight Championship
- TikTok, Snapchat and YouTube questioned by US lawmakers about child safety
- Brian Laundrie remains: No DNA analysis performed yet, medical examiner says
- Yes, Alexa is recording you. Here’s how to delete recordings from your Amazon Echo