KAIMUKĪ, Hawaii (KHON2) — Starting Monday, Sept. 14, the city and county of Honolulu will be commencing a landscaping project to improve several street-side planting areas in Kaimukī.
The planting areas will be located along the mauka and makai sides of Wai‘alae Avenue between 11th and Koko Head avenue.
City officials revealed the project will include the planting of one new tree, the replacement of seven existing trees and new ground cover.
Nearby residents can expect periodic restrictions to street parking and certain lanes of traffic along Wai‘alae Avenue.
For more information, click here.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Strong trade winds expected across the state
- Newsfeed Now: FDA finds Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine effective and safe; veterinarians say six-legged puppy ‘a miracle’
- Biden administration to deliver 25M free masks to those in need
- Social Scene: BTS performs on MTV Unplugged
- More than 3.4 million Texans still facing disrupted water supplies, authorities say