Schofield Barracks reports that local service members are scheduled to conduct various training in March that may be heard by surrounding communities.
The training schedule for the month:
- March 1-11: Army artillery training
- March 5-6: Army mortar training
- March 8-13: Army mortar, artillery and aerial gunnery training
- March 14-18: Marine Corps mortar and artillery training
- March 16-17: Army demolitions training
- March 28-31: Marine Corps mortar and artillery training
All training dates are subject to change based on environmental and other factors.
Should individuals hear noise, there is no immediate danger. Weather, such as overcast conditions, can increase noise and vibrations.
To report concerns related to noise or training, community members can call the U.S. Army Garrison-Hawaii (USAG-HI) Noise Concern Line at (808) 656-3487 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The USAG-HI Public Affairs Office responds to all reported concerns during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.