HONOLULU (KHON2) — Fireworks are a traditional part of Independence Day and with many expected to partake this year, the Maui Humane Society (MHS) is encouraging pet owners to be mindful of their furry friends during the holiday.
This fourth of July, MHS is giving out these five safety tips for keeping your pet safe from fireworks:
- Ensure your pet is microchipped and ID tags are worn
- Walk them/exercise during daylight hours
- Close windows and curtains to muffle the sound
- Put on some music or TV to mask the sound
- Create a quiet space where your animal can feel in control
For more information, visit their website.