HONOLULU (KHON2) — Three to four sharks were seen roughly 25 yards off of Kaimana Beach on Thursday afternoon, Sept. 17.
The sharks are about four to five feet in length. They are reportedly feeding on a large school of baitfish in the area.
To warn the public, Ocean Safety officials posted warning signs in the area and are doing PA announcements. They are also patrolling the waters.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Heavy rain potential still high for Kauai and Oahu
- Lanai records first COVID-19 cases as counties look to improve pre-travel testing program
- Officials warn Hawaii Restaurant Card solicitation could lead to revocation
- Annual Career Expo going virtual this year
- Hardworking Hawaii: Kilani Bakery in business 61 years turns to social media to bring in customers