KAPOLEI, Hawaii (KHON2) — Three boaters made it to shore on their own after a wave tossed them out of their 17-foot vessel.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
It happened around 11 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 18, off Barbers Point Beach Park about 100 yards offshore.
They told rescuers that they were trying to get through the surf when a wave tossed them from their boat.
All three were wearing life jackets.
One of them, a 70-year-old man, was treated for a large gash to one of his legs. He was taken to a hospital in serious condition.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Social Scene: ‘Go for broke’ forever stamps
- Newsfeed Now: First US COVID immunizations could arrive Dec. 12; 14-hour wait at new Colo. restaurant
- The Postal Service wants you to send your packages early this holiday season
- AstraZeneca says COVID-19 vaccine ‘highly effective’
- Trade winds to gradually weaken