HONOLULU (KHON2) — Three people are in the hospital after getting into trouble at Oahu beaches.
According to EMS, a 14-year-old girl was taken to a hospital in serious condition, after she got into trouble swimming at Haleiwa Beach Park at 6 p.m. Monday.
15 minutes later, EMS responded to another swimmer in distress at Ewa Beach Park. A 41-year-old woman was hospitalized in serious condition.
And at 6:30 p.m., EMS rescued an unresponsive swimmer at Makaha Beach Park, where they performed life-saving treatment. The 47-year-old male was transported to a hospital in critical condition.
EMS says 49 people were rescued, and thousands of preventative actions were taken across Oahu beaches on Memorial Day.
- WATCH: Cat makes death-defying jump from 5th floor of burning building – and survives
- POW! WOW! opens first exhibit at Bishop Museum
- Many Hawaii residents want to follow new CDC guidelines on masks, others not so much
- Hawaii property owners must meet deadline for final monthly payment option to avoid penalties
- Mysterious deed claims new ownership of Jeffrey Epstein’s New Mexico ranch