HONOLULU (KHON2) — Maui firefighters spent Sunday fighting three fires.
The first happened shortly after noon on Hana Highway near Maliko Gulch.
The fire was quickly put out about an hour later. Maui fire crews estimate that one acre of brush burned.
The second fire was reported nearby on Holomua Road about 1,500 square-feet of brush burned and was put out about an hour later.
Shortly before 2 p.m. a third fire was reported in Kanaio where a home and several abandoned vehicles went up in flames.
That fire caused about $20,000 in damage.
No injuries were reported in any of the fires, and the investigation to determine a cause continues.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Employee from Managing Director’s Office in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus
- Queen’s Medical Center building infectious disease unit
- Supreme Court holds hearing to discuss releasing OCCC inmates as COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Whistleblower says DOH lying about number of contact tracers
- Isolate, test, self-trace ways to crush COVID beyond the mask, hand washing and distancing