HONOLULU (KHON2) — The man arrested in connection to a deadly stabbing in Kakaako has been charged with second-degree murder, according to police.
Eric Butler, 40, remains in custody. His bail has been set at $1,000,000.
The Honolulu Police Department says that Butler stabbed a 52-year-old man multiple times on Halekauwila and Keawe Street on Wednesday night, June 3. The incident apparently began as a fight.
The victim was found injured and was taken to a trauma center where he later died.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Stimulus check update: Report says White House eyeing $1 trillion package
- Newsfeed Now: Woman gives birth on pontoon boat; Arkansas girl becomes hero
- 103-year-old says 2020 has been the craziest year she’s seen
- Illinois woman charged with battery after dispute with masks, yelling ‘white power’
- 6-year-old Arkansas girl jumps into action saving family in UTV accident