HONOLULU (KHON2) — The man arrested in connection to a deadly stabbing in Kakaako has been charged with second-degree murder, according to police.
Eric Butler, 40, remains in custody. His bail has been set at $1,000,000.
The Honolulu Police Department says that Butler stabbed a 52-year-old man multiple times on Halekauwila and Keawe Street on Wednesday night, June 3. The incident apparently began as a fight.
The victim was found injured and was taken to a trauma center where he later died.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- The New Normal: Car washes adapt to keep staff and drivers safe during pandemic
- Tropical Storm Cristina forms in the East Pacific far from the islands
- State facing massive projected budget shortfalls, increasing to $6.4 billion in 2026
- L&L Hawaiian Barbecue celebrates its 1952 founding with 52 giveaways
- DOE launches new online student bus pass application and payment option