HONOLULU (KHON2) — An Oahu grand jury charged a 49-year-old man with multiple offenses, including attempted murder and burglary in relation to a multi-victim shooting in Kalihi.
According to the Department of the Prosecuting Attorney, Arthur Birano was charged with seven offenses in his alleged connection to the Kalihi shooting that happened Tuesday, Nov. 30.
On the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
Birano is being held without bail pending trial, officials reported.
“We will hold Birano accountable for his violent actions that have no place in our city. Upon conviction, he will be removed from Honolulu’s streets for good,” Honolulu Prosecuting Attorney Steve Alm said in a statement.
Here is a list of all offenses Birano has been charged with, according to officials:
- One count of first-degree attempted murder
- Two counts of second-degree attmpted murder
- One count of first-degree burglary
- One count of abuse of family/household members
- Four counts of carrying or use of a firearm in the commission of a separate felony
- One count of place to keep pistol or revolver
- One count relating to unlawful ownership/possession or a firearm
Interested in jewelry heists gone wrong, other strange news? Check out Weird News
“I thank the Honolulu Police Department for its diligence and hard work in investigating this case,” Alm added.