HONOLULU (KHON2) — Honolulu Ocean Safety crews revived a man who went unresponsive while surfing at Sunset Beach.
It happened around 10:45 a.m.
The man, 50s-60s, was surfing when he fell off a wave.
Surfers helped bring the lifeless man towards shore and transferred him over to lifeguards and onto a rescue board.
Onshore, lifeguards performed cardio pulmonary resuscitation and the patient regained a pulse.
Honolulu Emergency Medical Services took over with advanced life support treatment and transported the patient to an area hospital for further medical treatment.
- Gov. David Ige to announce new inter-island travel rules, possible vaccine exemption
- Voter access or voter integrity? Congress debates Republican-backed bills
- Derek Chauvin sentencing: What we know about potential prison time
- Celebrations among protesters after Chauvin found guilty in death of George Floyd
- Hawaii reports 48 coronavirus cases, no new deaths