HAWAII KAI, Hawaii (KHON2) — UPDATE: 7:05 p.m. The two-alarm fire has been upgraded to a three-alarm fire.
A three-alarm fire near Naniwa Gardens in Hawaii Kai was reported Tuesday evening.
Reports of a fire on the sixth floor at Naniwa Gardens broke out at 5:39 p.m. Honolulu firefighters and police arrived on scene around 5:45 p.m. Over sixty emergency personnel worked to contain the raging blaze, which was fully extinguished by 6:45 p.m. The fire left many residents in shock.
“It was very scary,” said Darwin Nazarino, a nearby resident. “I’m just glad I got my wife out of there alive.”
Honolulu police issued road closures in the area around 6 p.m., while several fire trucks worked to put out the flames.
EMS says no injuries have been reported at this time, but two dogs are still missing.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Social Scene: Dance battle
- Newsfeed Now: First Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines shipped out; Sisters separated by adoption find each other by chance
- Merck to help make J&J’s COVID-19 vaccine, White House official says
- LIVE: FBI chief testifying for the first time since Capitol riot
- $15 minimum wage all but dead in big COVID relief bill