HONOLULU (KHON2) — On the Big Island, the Steam Vents parking lot will be temporarily closed Tuesday, Nov. 18, as the park continues its efforts against little fire ants.
Only the parking lot and the trail from the parking lot to steaming bluff will be closed from 8 a.m. to noon.
Detections of the pests have gone down by at least 99 percent since the park began treating the area in February.
- Tropical moisture to drift over the islands, potential heavy showers
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion
- Hawaii Nature Center celebrates 40th anniversary with keiki expedition
- UH women’s basketball handles CSUF to complete sweep
- Swimmer drowns in Lekeleke Bay on Hawaii Island