HONOLULU (KHON2) — A state training program to trace the contacts of people who have tested positive for COVID-19 starts Monday, June 8.
The first pilot group will have 16 trainees in a free online one-and-a-half-day training for clinical healthcare professionals.
By mid-July, the program expects to have trained 320 contact tracers and hundreds more in 2021.
All of the training slots have been filled and there is a waiting list for participants. About 1,200 people have applied for the program.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Biden says monkeypox cases something to ‘be concerned about’
- The role party affiliation played in getting US to grim new milestone of 1 million COVID deaths
- Kate McKinnon, Pete Davidson departing from ‘SNL’
- What it takes to be ‘wealthy’ in 12 US cities: survey
- Pandemic babies with development delays can be helped to make up for lost social interaction – 5 tips for parents