It’s been a few months since the state installed a sandbag groin at Kuhio Beach Park to combat erosion. They say it’s working really well.
The groin is made up of 83, 10-thousand pound bags of sand. It stabilizes that part of the beach so that the old Waikiki Tavern Foundation is now buried, allowing pedestrians to safely get to the water.
- Meghan and Harry interview with Oprah lays bare royal rift
- Mar. 8: The House is expected to vote as early as Tuesday on President Biden’s COVID relief bill
- Clouds and showers expected for the first half of the week
- Amy Atwell earns second team All-Big West Conference honors
- Newsfeed Now: Fla. sub facing charges after students attacked; 5-year-old boy’s beats go viral