It’s been a few months since the state installed a sandbag groin at Kuhio Beach Park to combat erosion. They say it’s working really well.
The groin is made up of 83, 10-thousand pound bags of sand. It stabilizes that part of the beach so that the old Waikiki Tavern Foundation is now buried, allowing pedestrians to safely get to the water.
- Light and variable winds for the islands through this weekend
- Lifeguards, scientist, make a plea for ocean safety amid COVID-19
- CrimeStoppers: Waikiki hotel burglary, Ala Moana forgery
- State expanding on those who can receive COVID-19 testing
- Former Hawaii center Dawson Carper announces transfer to Missouri State