HONOLULU (KHON2) — On Molokai, a critical piece of land on the island’s east side has been acquired by the state in hopes of protecting an important watershed.
Covering 800 acres, Puaahala was purchased from a private owner for just over $3 million a large part of the funds coming from federal funding.
The purchase also allows the state in enhance it’s work to protect native species in the area.
- Another day of weak winds ahead
- Dozens protested a 4th of July American flag display along Kailua Road
- Kauai man arrested in connection to refusing to wear a face mask
- Car fire on the H-1 west by Lunalilo off-ramp stalls traffic
- Rapper Kanye West tweets out that he’s running for president