HONOLULU (KHON2) — On Molokai, a critical piece of land on the island’s east side has been acquired by the state in hopes of protecting an important watershed.
Covering 800 acres, Puaahala was purchased from a private owner for just over $3 million a large part of the funds coming from federal funding.
The purchase also allows the state in enhance it’s work to protect native species in the area.
- Thousands of dollars worth of masks, gloves stolen from home health care agency
- More than 1,400 flew interisland since 4/1 quarantine order
- Hawaii’s Rado Parapunov receives Big West Player of the Year award early due to shortened season
- 2020 NFL Draft to be held virtually
- ‘Harry Potter’ author JK Rowling says she’s recovered from coronavirus symptoms