HONOLULU (KHON2) — On Molokai, a critical piece of land on the island’s east side has been acquired by the state in hopes of protecting an important watershed.
Covering 800 acres, Puaahala was purchased from a private owner for just over $3 million a large part of the funds coming from federal funding.
The purchase also allows the state in enhance it’s work to protect native species in the area.
- What order do I watch the ‘Halloween’ movies in?
- Unlock the college financial aid you need starting Oct. 1
- Jimmy Carter to celebrate 98 with family, friends, baseball
- The background vocalists on ‘Monster Mash’ are singing about shoes, and no one remembers why
- High School Football scores from September 30, 2022