HONOLULU (KHON2) — On Molokai, a critical piece of land on the island’s east side has been acquired by the state in hopes of protecting an important watershed.
Covering 800 acres, Puaahala was purchased from a private owner for just over $3 million a large part of the funds coming from federal funding.
The purchase also allows the state in enhance it’s work to protect native species in the area.
- Median single-family home price continues record climb, could force Oahu residents to move
- Showers could be heavy at times through late Thursday
- 381,000 votes received as deadline to mail in ballot nears
- 5 missing, exploited children recovered during joint operation
- Oahu family files civil liberties lawsuit against City and HPD