SPAM is taking over Oahu with its SPAMERICAN Tour.
All month long, the SPAMERICAN Food Truck will be serving up unique SPAM-centric dishes at various locations around the island.
The truck has been touring the mainland, but Hormel Foods says it wanted to stop in Hawaii since we are the largest consumers of SPAM products in the U.S.
“It feels like spam has come home,” said tour manager Aileen Cacayorin. “It’s been great. The reception here is as awesome as I was told it was going to be. Every city I’ve been to, people were like, ‘People are going to love you in Hawaii! You have to go to Hawaii,’ and here we are and it is just incredible.”
In Ewa Beach Tuesday, we spotted SPAM fries, musubi, and Operation SPAM gravy with biscuits on the menu.
At some locations, Adam Tabura of Aloha Plate and Cooking Hawaiian Style and winner of Food Network’s “The Great Food Truck Race” will be on hand, cooking up his SPAMLT, a SPAM-ified BLT, which was one of the winning dishes on the show.
You can meet, and submit a name for, Hawaii’s new musubi mascot. The winner will receive a case of SPAM every month for a year.
Visitors are also encouraged to write letters of appreciation to deployed soldiers in partnership with Operation Gratitude. For every card received, Hormel will donate a dollar to the non-profit organization.
Dates and locations are listed below. Click here for more information.
- Sept. 6: Foodland – Ewa Beach
- Sept. 10: University of Hawaii football game at Aloha Stadium
- Sept. 11: Longs – Waipahu
- Sept. 12: Costco – Iwilei
- Sept. 18: Times – Kaneohe
- Sept. 21: Sam’s Club – Pearl City
- Sept. 24: Safeway – Ewa Beach
- Sept. 25: Rice Festival – Auahi Street
- Sept. 29: Don Quijote – Waipahu
- Sept. 30: Eat the Street – Honolulu
- Oct. 1: Tamura Super Market – Waianae
MILITARY PERSONNEL ONLY:
- Sept. 9: Honolulu USCG
- Sept. 16: Schofield Army
- Sept. 20: Hickham Air Force
- Sept. 28: Kaneohe Bay Marine