HONOLULU (KHON2) — Lia Ditton broke a women’s world record time when she arrived at the Waikiki Yacht Club at 6:10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 12.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
She rowed solo from San Francisco starting on June 12.
She completed her goal in 86 days, 10 hours, five minutes and 56 seconds to break Roz Savage’s 2008 record of 100 days.
This is all in preparation for her upcoming Japan to San Francisco solo rowing excursion in Spring 2021.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Suspect appears in court for Waikiki cold case murder charge
- Congress makes last-minute push for bipartisan immigration reform
- 15 DUI arrests on Big Island this past week
- House GOP committee chairs selection delayed amid McCarthy opposition
- First currency featuring female Treasury secretary’s signature released