HONOLULU (KHON2) — If you love burgers and fries, Monday is your day because it’s National Fast Food Day!
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Fast food became popular in the U.S. in the 1950’s, after World War I, when cars became popular and more affordable.
America has the largest fast food industry in the world – including tacos, pizza, burgers, chicken, desserts and more.
In honor of National Fast Food Day, a bunch of fast food chains are offering deals.
By downloading the restaurant’s app, you can get a free cheeseburger at McDonald’s, a free side with the purchase of a family meal at Popeyes, and a free scoop of ice cream at Baskin-Robbins.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Attorney General: ‘This was a heinous act of sexual violence and our dept. will vigorously prosecute it’
- Republicans push back on 2020 election results, despite warning of backlash in GA runoff election turnout
- Looking for safe holiday fun? Check out the Christmas Bar and magic bubble elves this holiday season
- Pelosi, Schumer back $908 billion COVID-19 relief proposal
- Australian family returns home to find koala in their Christmas tree