HONOLULU (KHON2) — An incident while snorkeling left a 54-year-old Maryland man dead on Thursday, February 13.
He’s been identified as Christian Boulden.
Honolulu Ocean Safety, Honolulu Emergency Medical Services, the Honolulu Fire and Police Department responded to an unresponsive snorkeler at the beach fronting Pililaau Army Recreation Center, also known as Rest Camp, at 5 p.m. on February 13.
A paddleboarder noticed that the man not moving and began bringing him to shore. A lifeguard swam and paddled the man to shore.
Onshore lifeguards and firefighters performed CPR until paramedics took over with advanced life resuscitation efforts.
Boulden was transported in critical condition to an area emergency room. He was later pronounced dead.
- Stronger winds and heavy rain expected this weekend
- Shoji plans Tokyo Olympics trip despite coronavirus outbreak
- Worries over panic buying arise as some supply shelves at stores empty out
- Hygiene tips to safeguard yourself against the flu, cold, and coronavirus
- The Super American Circus is back in town