HONOLULU (KHON2) — Firefighters extinguished a two-alarm building fire on January 16, around 2:31 p.m. according to the Honolulu Fire Department.
Heavy smoke could be seen coming from the mauka side of the apartment building on Makiki just after 2 p.m.
The Honolulu Fire Department responded to the scene with 12 units staffed with 46 personnel to 1630 Liholiho Street.
Firefighters were able to establish command and worked to put out the fire, which was contained to a single unit on the sixth floor.
An investigator and Emergency Medical Services were requested to respond to the scene.
According to EMS, a 58-year-old woman was treated at the scene after she suffered an ankle injury during the building evacuation. She is in stable condition.
Estimated damages are not available at this time and the cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Former Hawaii quarterback Timmy Chang to become next UH football coach
- Pedestrian dies after accident on H2 northbound on Oahu
- Two occupants safe after accidental Waipahu house fire
- Utah researchers to conduct study of new birth control method for men
- More pandemic relief to meet ‘kitchen table’ needs?