HONOLULU (KHON2) — Firefighters extinguished a two-alarm building fire on January 16, around 2:31 p.m. according to the Honolulu Fire Department.
Heavy smoke could be seen coming from the mauka side of the apartment building on Makiki just after 2 p.m.
The Honolulu Fire Department responded to the scene with 12 units staffed with 46 personnel to 1630 Liholiho Street.
Firefighters were able to establish command and worked to put out the fire, which was contained to a single unit on the sixth floor.
An investigator and Emergency Medical Services were requested to respond to the scene.
According to EMS, a 58-year-old woman was treated at the scene after she suffered an ankle injury during the building evacuation. She is in stable condition.
Estimated damages are not available at this time and the cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Another day of weak winds ahead
- Dozens protested a 4th of July American flag display along Kailua Road
- Kauai man arrested in connection to refusing to wear a face mask
- Car fire on the H-1 west by Lunalilo off-ramp stalls traffic
- Rapper Kanye West tweets out that he’s running for president