KAHULUI, Hawaii (KHON2) — A live skunk was captured at Kahului Pier on Maui on Tuesday, Dec. 15.
It happened in the morning.
Officials say the animal was spotted roaming around a container yard by a biologist surveying for stranded sea bird fledglings.
Department of Agriculture inspectors captured the skunk, which measured about 15 inches long.
The skunk was tested for rabies.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Possibility of lava reaching Saddle Rd. longer than originally expected
- College Football Playoff expands to 12 teams in 2024 season
- Man finds decomposing body of previous homeowner in basement of new house
- 33 companies tested a 4-day workweek. None are planning to switch back
- Big Game Bound: Week 13 features 3 key matchups, Watson’s return