A 31-year-old Puna man was arrested in connection with a shooting on Monday, Oct. 7.
Kamanaokaaina “Mana” Nakooka was arrested in Hawaiian Paradise Park, a few blocks from where the shooting took place.
Hawaii Island detectives are investigating the incident which has been classified as First-Degree Terroristic Threatening and First-Degree Assault.
The 41-year-old victim remains hospitalized in stable condition.
- Sea Life Park Hawaii welcomes back guests after nearly yearlong closure
- UH baseball routs HPU for third straight day
- Co-Cathedral of St. Theresa hosts first COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- UH football announces changes to coaching staff, Bo Graham named new OC/QB coach
- Cheating during remote testing is a problem. Now there is a fix