HONOLULU (KHON2) — Shirokiya Japan Village Walk at Ala Moana Center has once again extended its closure. The famous eatery says it will stay closed until at least March 31.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Shirokiya operators cited challenges with continuing its current business concept as the coronavirus pandemic rages on. The Village Walk is known to host large crowds due to the close nature of its businesses.
But, the company says that the public could potentially see a reopening, but that would require a drastic change in their business concept or waiting until the pandemic is over.
Both options were noted as a “tough decision.”
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Sears Pearlridge bids farewell, announces closure on last day of operation
- Post-COVID clinic on Oahu has helped dozens of long haul patients
- Hawaii to expand coronavirus vaccine eligibility to those 16 and older
- Light trade winds return to all islands
- Fauci says he expects Johnson & Johnson vaccinations to resume later this week