HONOLULU (KHON2) — At approximately 10:30 a.m. Monday an 8-10 foot shark was sighted 20 feet offshore at Pounders Beach.
There was no one in the water and about 20 beach patrons at time of the sighting.
Ocean safety officials are posting warning signs and will reassess in two hours.
- Lanai officials expecting more COVID-19 cases
- Businesses excluded from Spectrum’s pay-per-view for UH football games
- Another storm system could bring heavy rain to the islands next week
- DOT extending H-1 Freeway restoration hours in Kaimuki
- Ala Wai Elementary’s Lori Kwee named 2021 Hawaii State Teacher of the Year