HONOLULU (KHON2) — Shark warning signs were posted at Makaha Beach Park around 2 p.m. on January 26.
According to Ocean Safety lifeguards, they spotted a large shark around 400 yards offshore Makaha and have been tracking its movement.
Warning signs were posted and people up and down the coastline are being warned.
Officials say that the situation will be further evaluated at sunset.
- Texas governor declares state of disaster following protests
- Police chief responds to Utah officer seen shoving man with a cane to the ground on live TV
- Owners of a Cleveland bakery arm themselves with guns as violent protesters try to get inside
- Virginia governor declares state of emergency, curfew in Richmond until June 3
- After being grounded to a torn ACL, sky is the limit for Kamehameha Basketball standout Christmas Togiai as he prepares for Aeronautical School