HONOLULU (KHON2) — The health department has fined Shaka Shaka Tea Express $2,000 for removing their yellow placard.
Health officials say, the shop on South King street was issued a yellow card on Sept. 24, after a health inspector found four violations during a routine inspection including workers washing their hands in the bathroom instead of a designated hand washing sink in the kitchen.
The soap was so old it turned black and would not dispense properly.
When the inspector went back two days later, the yellow sign was taken down.
The business has 20 days to contest the notice.
- Fired police officer Derek Chauvin taken into custody in George Floyd’s death
- Trump calls Minneapolis protesters ‘thugs,’ vows action
- Breezy trade winds with mainly windward showers are expected through the weekend
- Social Scene: Big Weekend as Businesses Reopen
- Protesters torch Minneapolis police station in violent night