HONOLULU (KHON2) — Haleakala National Park celebrates its annual Nene Awareness Day, Thursday, Sept. 26 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon at Hosmer Grove with a self-guided Treasure Hunt on the nature trail.
Participants will find five stamps along the trail and stamp postcards provided by the park.
At the end of the activity, participants who share with park staff how to protect the nene will receive the he kiai nene au pledge card and a prize.
Nene Awareness Day information will also be available at the Headquarters Visitor Center located at 7,000 feet.
Prizes and postcards are generously provided by the park’s cooperating partner, Hawaii Pacific Parks Association.
To learn more about Haleakala National Park, visit www.nps.gov/hale.
- Enhanced shower activity through early Thursday
- Businesses prepare to follow new rules for reopening on Thursday
- Air ventilation in the classroom is a concern for returning to campus
- A look back at the beginning of Aloha Festivals
- Police searching for suspect involved in robbery of Domino’s delivery driver