HONOLULU (KHON2) — Honolulu police reopened Ala Wai Boulevard by Niu Street around 9 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 7, after a motor vehicle collision caused heavy traffic for more than an hour.
Police closed all lanes of the boulevard around 7:50 p.m. as they investigated a vehicle accident involving a bicyclist.
Honolulu Emergency Medical officials said, a 26-year-old man was taken to a trauma hospital in critical condition.
Traffic was diverted to Niu Street during the course of the police investigation.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Search for missing hiker on Maui continues after 1 found dead
- Dear Panci – Elevate Your Bedroom with AIRism Bed Sheets
- With construction underway, UH softball coach Bob Coolen sees light at the end of Rainbow Wahine Softball Stadium tunnel
- Kauai requests to rejoin Hawaii’s Safe Travels program
- HPD, CrimeStoppers searching for missing man on Oahu