HONOLULU (KHON2) — The man known as Mr. Christmas here in Hawaii has died.
Richard Tajiri died Sunday, January 5, 2020 at his home in Washington state after a recent illness.
His wife Paula said he was able to see all his close friends recently, and travel to Maui to visit with his mom.
She also says it was always his goal to sell Christmas trees here for 50 years.
They just made 43 so she says the family hopes to continue selling trees in his name the next 7 years.
Then they will turn over the business to some else.
She also asks that nobody be sad.
She said Richard was always happy, and he should be remembered that way.
- Cool trade wind weather prevails over the islands
- UH athletics shifting focus to hosting fans in the fall, fan attendance during spring ‘does not look likely’
- Fundraising begins as ‘Bows inaugural season at home nears $6.2 million price tag
- Price to pay: Increase price for goods sets up challenges for Hawaii restaurants and retailers
- Honolulu mayor honors the ‘headset heroes’ during National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week