HONOLULU (KHON2) — Federal court sentenced a Waipahu man to 10 years in prison and 15 years of supervised release on Wednesday, July 8.
Retired police officer 63-year-old James Dean Kalani Goeas attempted to entice a 13-year-old boy with sex, according to the Attorney General’s Office.
According to court documents and the information that was presented in court on March 23 and March 24, 2019, Goeas engaged in a series of online chats and texts with who he thought was a 13-year-old boy.
That ‘boy’ turned out to be an undercover agent.
During their conversations, he arranged to meet the ‘teenage boy’ at Maukalani Park. When he arrived at the park on March 24, agents arrested him. During his arrest, agents found condoms and lubricating gel in his car.
During a post-arrest statement, Goeas admitted that he engaged in sexual conduct with young boys on multiple occasions.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Breezy trades on tap for the islands this weekend
- Employee from Managing Director’s Office in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus
- Queen’s Medical Center building infectious disease unit
- Supreme Court holds hearing to discuss releasing OCCC inmates as COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Whistleblower says DOH lying about number of contact tracers